'The Kingdom of Heaven belongs to such as these.'
1. Children and vulnerable adults belong to the Church; they are a special object of the love of God.
2. Because they are special to us, we are committed to protecting them from possible harm when in our care.
3. We also value those who work with children, young people and vulnerable adults and are committed to supporting them through prayer, training and friendship.
4. Each person who works within the Saint Michael’s church community agrees to abide by the Diocesan guidelines and procedures detailed in the manual ‘A Safe Church’ together with the guidelines established by this church.
To discuss any matter related to safeguarding please get in touch with our safeguarding officer, Camilla, who is always happy to help.
Tel No: +44(0)7980 257328
Email: [email protected]
Please click here to read more about A Safe Church from the Diocese of Southwark.
External support organisations:
- NSPCC: 0808 800 5000
- Childline: 0800 1111
- Stop It Now: 0808 1000 900
- NAPAC: 0808 801 0331
- Samaritans: 116 123
- Family Lives: 0808 800 2222
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247
- Action on Elder Abuse: 080 8808 8141
St. Michael’s takes seriously its commitment to protect children and has a dedicated Safeguarding Officer, Camilla Harries, whose role is to make sure that we maintain the highest standards in the protection of the vulnerable. All children’s volunteers and staff receive appropriate checks and training. For more information or to discuss any matter related to safeguarding please get in touch with Camilla, who is always happy to help.